Easily looking for scrapbook ideas that don’t take you hours to complete? Don’t even look ahead! This article will suggest five simple scrapbooking layout tips to highlight your photos and brighten up your family stories.
1. The best. Create a scrapbook layout that highlights your family’s “best of the best”. For example, for the Family Vacations page, choose a photo that shows the highlights of the trip. Then have each family member make a list of their favorite memories from the trip. (Bonus: a page about a favorite food, a page about a favorite attraction, a page about a favorite moment, etc.) Create a complete album based on this idea.
2. Top 5. Like the “Best of” scrapbook layout, the “Top 5” page can focus on the top movies of the year, the top plays in a soccer season, or the top songs that your teenagers listen to. Note: This approach is a great way to get your kids involved in your scrapbooking! They like the list and get their opinion on paper.
3. Who / what / when / where / why. Choose some photos for “information only” in your photo scrapbooking layout and go with them along with the main points. Tell us who is in the photo, what they are doing, when and where the photo was taken and why they were there. You can always go after it and add additional stories to the details.
4. In a word … What if you only had to choose a word or phrase to summarize the event or moment you are documenting? A photo collage of your kids through the summer sprinkler could be titled, “Fun Showers”. Your mother may have a picture of her first grandson being smuggled, titled “Pure Love”. Sometimes a word or two is what you need!
5. 1-2-2. If you capture an event that unfolds over time, you only need three photos to tell the whole story. For example, for a wedding page, you might have a picture of the bride walking along the isle with her father, one of the couples at the altar, and one of the newlyweds leaving the church. The story is told through a series of progressive photos on your scrapbook page.
Creating simple scrapbook layouts won’t take long to hit your brain or take hours. In fact, I’m presenting more different ideas on journalism, design, to make your scrapbooking layouts more ornate, and more on my blog.